Hepworth is one of the ancient settlements
of the Graveship of Holme. There are records confirming that
Robucke's have lived here since at least the 16th century. The
families of George
Robucke 1555 to 1593 and Thomas Robucke 1610 to 1662 are particularly
well documented, from Wills and from the Parish Registers of
To see photographs of the Hepworth
area click on the thumbnails.
This photograph was taken in 1953, which gives something of the
rural flavour of the village.
is a photograph of the Butchers Arms Inn as it was in 1908. On
the same page is a photograph of the pub as it is now.
Holy Trinity Church in Hepworth was not built
until 1863, just too late to be included on the 1854 map
of the area.
This is a view looking East over Hepworth towards Meal Hill and
Tinkers Tower. Unlike the town the hills will have changed little
since the Robucke's lived there in the 16th century.