This is a photograph of Mearhouse as it is today. The houses were built for the workers at the mill situated at Mearhouse Bridge, in the valley below. None of the 16th century dwellings have survived. These houses date from just before 1900.

The copyright of this website 2002 to 2008 belongs to the web owner. No part of this website may be sold, used for commercial purposes or republished in any form, either in print, electronically or otherwise, without the express permission of the web owner. Any person, company or organisation found to be in breach of the foregoing will be liable to prosecution.